Abiy Ahmed Africa’s`s next Great leader after Nelson Mandela?
Here are 5 reasons why he might be well on his way;
1. Ending decade conflict with Eritrea.
2. Showing through “actions” that Women are equal to men in Ethiopia.
3. He launched reforms in key government institutions including the intelligence, military, federal police and the justice systems.
4. The government announced its plan to sell shares in major state enterprises such as Ethiopian Airlines, Ethio Telecom, Ethiopian Shipping Lines and Logistics, and Ethiopian Electric Power.
5. Dr Abiy’s reforms have also brought home leaders of the opposition and armed groups. These include the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF), which has been fighting for secession of Oromia region for more than five decades, and the pro-unity and nationalist Patriots G7, who were welcomed by hundreds of thousands of their supporters.
Source:> Signature Journal Africa